Friday 21 September 2012

Week 10 Reflection

WHAT: On Monday we had our Carlton School medal ceremony. I got two golds for soccer and hockey and one silver for long distance. We had Philippa Baker-Hogan, a New Zealand rowing champion hand out our medals. We also went to Wanganui Intermediate to look around at the school and try out some of the activities. I was in group 3 and we went to hard materials. We made spinning tops out of wood. Then we went to the science room. First we watched some youtube video's and then did an experiment. At the end the teacher gave us a little bit of sherbet. On Tuesday we had to go to Aranui School to do cross country while the other half of the class went to Palmerston. At Aranui I came 10th out of over 120 people racing. It was very hard and I came the best out of every body in the school. On Thursday we did some art. We did scribble pictures. We had to get a piece of paper and draw lots of scribble lines. We had to choose 3 colours that work well together and colour each section. The habits of mind that we learnt was gathering data through all senses.
SO WHAT: I learnt how to make a spinning top out of wood, I learnt a new experiment, and learnt a new habits of mind.
NOW WHAT: My goal for this week was to finish all of my work on time and do well in class and I think I've done that pretty well. My goal for next week is to do the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment